Tuesday, December 07, 2010

One more reason I love Russell Simmons

Russell Simmons, a.k.a. the Godfather of Hip-Hop, a.k.a. co-founder of Def Jam Records and creator of Phat Farm clothing line, a.k.a. major philanthropist and yogi, a.k.a. my entrepreneurial idol, put the following post on Facebook today, re: extension of tax cuts for the wealthy:

As part of the 2 percent, I need my tax cut extended like I need a hole in my head. Whether it's through taxes, philanthropy or service, I always want to give. I wish the wealthy(and the repbulicans doing their bidding) would realize that they can't take it with them and in fact they would be much happier if they would stop trying to hold on to all thier money. it only makes them sick....

I love a celebrity and thought leader who calls it like he sees it. Preach!

No comments: