Thursday, February 05, 2009

Swanky Oscar Night Soiree

If you're as big a movie fan as I am, you are always looking for something fun and festive to do on Oscar Night. Personally, I'm pulling for Slumdog Millionnaire to take the big prize (the soundtrack also is great!), and I also think Micky Rourke was amazing in The Wrestler...

Through Pamela's Punch (a blog written by a local gal about town), I just found out about a fun, swanky Oscar Night soiree taking place at the Hard Rock Cafe downtown. Oscar Night 2009 will benefit the Red Cross of the National Capitol Area. There will be a silent auction, a "swag bag," 17 big screen TVs to watch the Oscars, good food and drinks... and cheering for your favorite flicks! It's the only Academy sanctioned Oscar viewing event in the DC area.

Party goers are encouraged to dress to the nines! It's black tie, baby.

Anyone want to join me for this fun, philanthropic event?

No comments: